Rayner Stephens High School Local Governing Body
The general role of the Local Governing Body is to provide the local context, challenge and support to the Headteacher and Executive Principal, ensuring the very best local provision for the community.
The following members serve on the Rayner Stephens High School Local Governing Body:
- David Ainsworth (Academy Governor)
- Liam Kelly (Academy Governor - Chair)
- Louise King (Parent Governor)
- Lee Mason (Academy Governor)
- Kim McDermott (Parent Governor)
- Justin McDonnell (Academy Governor)
- Ruksana Rasul (Academy Governor)
- Mark Storie (Staff Governor)
- Richard Umpleby (Academy Governor)
The local governing body support the vision and mission of the Trust. The Trust has set the following vision:
"Excellence and ambition for all"
Our mission is to:
- Establish a dynamic Trust capable of building on its success, extending its influence and making a significant contribution within Greater Manchester
- Establish Academies which are centres of excellence and innovation for leadership, teaching and learning and collaboration
- Support the development of a coherent curriculum which supports strong transition to the next phase of education and prepares all for the next stage of their life
- To encourage the realising of ambition and taking of opportunity
- Be driven by a moral purpose to transform the life chances and opportunities of all children and young people in the Trust
- Work in partnership and collaboration with schools and colleges in the Trust to support their development as successful centres of excellence aimed at improving achievement for all
- Work in partnership with other schools, academies and MATs in the Greater Manchester area to share ideas and promote excellence.
The members of the local governing body are committed ensuring quality governance to support the education of the young people who study at the School. To this end, we actively follow the guidance set out in the DfE's Governance Handbook and Competency Framework.
Register of Interests
Each member, trustee and governor must declare any interests that may conflict with their role with the Trust – these are recorded in the Register of Interests.
The Trust is required to maintain and publicly disclose the register, which is available on request by contacting the Head of Governance, Carolyn Wright, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes of Meetings
These documents cover information relating to the way the school is governed and how decisions are made. In some instances information from local governing body minutes will be exempt from disclosure where it contains personal information, information that may damage the commercial interests of the School or that may threaten the health and safety of specific individuals.
If you would like to know more about governance at Rayner Stephens High School and Stamford Park Trust, please contact Carolyn Wright, Head of Governance, at email@example.com.